Friday 13 June 2014

I am Connection; I choose to be love


Connection without love is only a function, math, a transaction; with love connection is art, beauty and wholeness.
 
This thought, is a most recent thought, it is the thought my mind is resting on.  The trick, I find, from here, is figuring out how to embody this thought, how to fold it into my living practice.
 
Lets take food.  When I connect with my food, it could simply be to feed myself, it has function.  However, when I fold love into the recipe soundly, my connection with food becomes a living, loving connection between my body and that which is on my plate.  I see that with loving connection their is satiating experience, I am truly full, I am truly whole.
 
Lets take my relationship with my children.  I could simply be their mother, their protector, this is my function.  However, when I fold love into the mix, suddenly my connection with my children becomes a loving, pulsing experience between them and myself; between us their is love- not space.  When my children express needing me, I realize: I need them; and when I choose to see or be the love that is my source, when I get out of my own way, the connection changes; it feels more fluid and alive, less rigid and sterile.
 
How about my relationship with myself, my physical self.  My body could simply be a function, a capsule to house my soul; and I could esteem and respect this function.  But, if I don't allow love to infuse the connection, and instead I choose to treat my body as a lesser thing- that serves ME and believe that I can disconnect from IT and transcend IT...well, personally, then I feels hollow, not whole.  But when love knits the gaps, when love bleeds like water on paper and saturates the experience, suddenly I am alive, my body and I are sacred.
 
Of course, as I type this, I can hold it in my mind, which inspires trust that I can hold it in my cells; but my habit is to not fill the gaps with love, and habits take work and intent to let go of....
 
and so the course is set: let go, grow and flow.
 
Thanks for reading.
Love

No comments: